Without proper invoicing and billing, there is no way that you can get your payments on time. If you are working as a freelancer or running a small business, we suggest you always generate an invoice.
In the past, invoice creating and designing was considered close to impossible. This was mainly because of the third-party cost that a person had to pay to get unique invoices. But today, invoice making has become very easy, and this is just because of the modern invoice makers.
In this post, you will find out about the information that you have to add to an invoice. You would also know about the accurate way of writing an invoice and find information about the best invoice maker app.
So without any delay, let us dig in:
What information do you have to add to an invoice?
Before you know how to format and generate an invoice, you must know what your invoice should include in it. The most important invoice elements are mentioned below for you:
- The most important thing to add to your invoice is the company name and its logo.
- The invoice should also include your accurate contact information.
- The invoice should also include a clear and attractive title with the word ‘invoice’ in it.
- The issuance date of the invoice and the due date are very important things to include.
- The invoice number should also be clear on the top.
- You have to add the address, contact information, and name of the customer/client.
- You have to include details about the products purchased or services rendered by the client.
- After that, you also have to add the amount of each service rendered.
- Add the total amount due to the client, including all the taxes and discounts, if any.
- Add the payment terms in a very straightforward manner.
- You can also include any personal note related to the sale or payments.
Today adding all information listed above is easy if you have a well-reputed estimate generator application.
How to Format a professional invoice?
If you are new to the concept of writing invoices manually or with a digital invoice maker, then don’t worry. Below we have listed out the steps which would help you create the most professional and appealing invoices.
If you want to get paid faster with your business invoices, we suggest you focus on these tips cum steps!
- Create a professional structure/layout
The first thing that you have to consider while writing an invoice is setting a proper structure. The more you focus on the layout of the invoice, the more it would look professional. Your business name and the logo should be prominent on the top of the invoice. After that, you have to include all the information listed above. Today, many free receipt maker apps would provide you templates with sections that you can easily fill.
- Include information of the company and the client
The next thing that you have to add to the invoice is the information about your company. This would include your content information, email, and other address. After this, you have to add the same information as the recipient of the client in the invoice.
- Add invoice number along with important dates
The next thing you have to add in the format of an invoice is the invoice number and the date of issuance. Not only has this, but you also had to add the due date of payment. You can bold out the last date and additional information about the fine or any surcharge that would be added on delay.
- Add the services/products purchased
You have to add complete information and details about the products or services that have been rendered to the client. You have to make clear to the client what he is paying for. Invoice maker apps would provide you templates that would have designated sections for details about the services rendered.
- Add the total amount of all the payment
After writing details of the services, you have to make a total of all the amounts in the invoice. Add the total amount in a separate line and highlight it. You can also add details about the added taxes or discounts to the total payment.
- Add the payment terms and options
Another important thing that you have to add at the end of the invoice is the client’s mode of payment. You can also add payment terms and any warranties that you are offering on your devices.
Best invoice maker app for making an invoice!
Invoice Maker – Receipt & Billing app by CA apps is one of the most popular and friendly options you can find on the web these days. This invoice generator can help you create the most attractive invoices by providing you with unique and intriguing templates. This free invoice maker can not only be used for creating/writing invoices, but you can also use it as a bill, estimate, and receipt maker.
If you want to manage your business invoices and accounts all from one place and with complete security and accuracy, we suggest you give this invoice maker a fair chance. It is very easy to use. You don’t have to worry about learning anything about invoicing while using this invoice generator app. Just download the app on your mobile and start managing your business with your fingertips!