Instagram is one of the most widely used social networking sites, connecting millions of users every day. Yet, you might have encountered the error message “Instagram CSRF token missing or invalid” if you’re having trouble logging in or submitting content.
Avoid letting this mistake hinder your social media presence! The Instagram CSRF token will be discussed in detail in this post, along with its significance and, most importantly, how to correct the issue and resume using Instagram like a pro. Grab your phone, settle back, and let’s explore the world of Instagram CSRF tokens.
What Causes This Error?
There can be several reasons behind this error on your Instagram profile on your device. Let me explain each of them to you.
The Webview Application Is Outdated
If you are using a web view application that is outdated, you can experience this error.
Internet Connection Issues
If your internet connection is slow or interrupted, then you might face this error.
If you have set any restrictions in your network settings that can interrupt Instagram from running smoothly, you can face this error.
Corrupt Data Or Cache Files
If there are any corrupted data or cache files in the browser, then also you can face this error.
Proxy or VPN
If you are using any proxy server or VPN service, you might face this error.
So as you know the reasons behind the Instagram CSRF token missing or incorrect issue, let’s move on to the methods to solve this problem now.
Fixes For Instagram CSRF Token Missing Or Incorrect
As I told you in the beginning, you have 9 ways to fix this error. Here in this part of the article, I shall brief you on the details of them.
By Checking Your Internet Connection
Before you go for any other method, this is the first one you should try. Because sometimes the interruption in the internet connection can trigger this problem. So you should check the speed and the status of the connection and have to make sure that the signal from the wifi router is coming without getting blocked by any objects.
By Restarting Your PC
This is the second method to solve this error. Just restart the PC and check whether the problem is still there or not. Restarting or rebooting always clears several technical glitches that can create problems like this.
By Checking The Instagram Servers
If the first two methods do not work for you, then you should go for the third method, i.e. checking the Instagram servers. If you find that the issue is caused by any error that occurred in the instagram servers, then you have nothing to do from your side but to wait until the Instagram developers fix this issue.
By Trying To Login To Your Instagram Profile Using Another Device
This is the fourth method to solve this error. If the first three methods fail, then go for this method. In this method, you have to try to log in to your Instagram profile from a different device and check if there is still a problem occurring. If you find that the error is gone this time, then check or repair the first device, because the device is the root of this problem.
By Clearing The App Cache Files
The fifth option is to clear the cache files from the app and the browser. Corrupted cache files often create these kinds of issues, and that is why you need to clear the cache files from the app.
To clear the cache files –
- Open Phone Settings.
- Go to Apps.
- Find Instagram and open it.
- Tap on the Clear Storage and Clear Cache tabs.
By Reinstalling The App
Reinstalling often resolves these kinds of errors, and that is why this method is on no. 6 our list.
To reinstall the app –
- Press + hold the Instagram.
- Tap on Uninstall.
- Open Google Play Store.
- Search for Instagram and download the app.
By Checking The JS Console Of Your Browser
This is a tricky method. In this method, you have to check the JS console of the browser you are using.
- n=new Date;t=n.getTime();et=t+36E9;n.setTime(et);document.cookie=’csrftoken=’+document.body.innerHTML.split(‘csrf_token’).split(‘\\”‘)+’;path=\;domain=.instagram.com;expires=’+n.toUTCString();
By Clearing Browser Data
Clear the browser data to get rid of this issue.
To clear the browser data –
- Open a browser, such as Google Chrome.
- Type chrome://settings/clearBrowserData in the address bar.
- Hit Enter.
- Click on the box next to Cache and Cookies.
- Set the time range to All Time.
- Click the Clear Now button.
By Resetting Your Browser
To reset the browser –
- Open Google Chrome.
- Type chrome://settings/reset in the address bar.
- Click on the Restore settings to their system defaults option.
- Click the Reset Settings button.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get a CSRF token on Instagram?
Click on the Request button to open the Response tab. Press Ctrl + F. search for csrf_token. Copy the csrf value. Open the application tab. Click on cookies from the storage section. Put a cookie that has the csrftoken name. Now paste the csrf value you copied. Make it secure.
Why CSRF token is not working?
There can be several reasons behind it. Those are –
- The review application you are using is outdated
- You are using a problematic internet connection
- Your network has restrictions
- There are corrupt data or cache files in the app
- You are using a Proxy or VPN
Where can I find CSRF token?
In order to get a csrf token, you must send a request header which is called X-CSRF-Token along with the value.
How do I fix a failed CSRF check?
You can resolve this issue in 9 methods. Those are –
1. By checking your internet connection, 2. By restarting your PC, 3. By checking the Instagram servers, 4. By trying to log in to your Instagram profile using another device, 5. By clearing the app cache files, 6. By reinstalling the app, 7. By checking the JS console of your browser, 8. By clearing browser data, and 9. By resetting your browser.
So as now you know the methods to solve this error, I hope you will be able to solve it without any difficulties. All the best!