If your Xbox stuck on green screen and you are looking for a solution of this problem, then you have come to the page where you just needed to be.
The green loading screen of Xbox is the Xbox green screen of death. If this is bothering you very often, let me tell you that I too have gone through the same situation.
And now, here in this article, I am going to tell you how I overcome this annoying problem.
I shall tell you some possible and effective ways to fix this issue which you can apply on your device if it is stuck on a green screen.
So, let’s start!
Xbox Stuck On Green Screen
Before I start telling you the solutions for Xbox stuck on green screen problem, first let me tell you why this issue occurs on your device?
The problem basically occurs when your Xbox device of yours sticks to the loading green-colored screen and fails to reboot. This is also called the Green Screen of Death on Xbox devices.
Causes Of Xbox Stuck On Green Screen
If you ask me why this green screen of death occurs on an Xbox device, I shall tell you that there is not a specific reason, but it can occur because of any of the following reasons –
- Corrupted Xbox Hard Drive
A corrupted hard disk of an Xbox device can face read and write errors and that can lead the device to be stuck on a green screen of death.
- Communication Errors
if a communication error happens between the Windows server and the Xbox device, then a green screen of death can occur because this miscommunication leads to a software error.
- System Update error
a failed or uncompleted system update can also trigger this green screen of death on an Xbox device.
Now I shall tell you what you can do when you face a green screen of death on an Xbox device.
Xbox Stuck On Green Loading Screen
When an Xbox is stuck on green screen, there are three methods that you can apply to get rid of the green screen of death on an Xbox device. Those are –
- You can hard reset your Xbox One device.
- You can reset the Xbox device to its factory defaults.
- You can try to update the system offline.
Now let me elaborate on the methods and tell you the steps for each of them one by one.
1. Xbox Device Hard Reset
If your Xbox is stuck on green screen, this is the very first method you are advised to apply before trying any other methods.
If there are no major issues and the green screen of death is occurring due to some technical glitch, then a hard reset method is enough to get rid of this issue.
Here I am giving you the steps below which you have to perform on your Xbox device for a hard reset of the device.
- Press the power button of the Xbox device and hold it for at least 20 seconds.
- After this, the console will reboot itself in a couple of seconds if there are no other problems and the green screen of death will be gone. But if it does not, then you will be sure that there are other issues creating this issue. Then you have to perform other steps and apply some other methods.
2. Reset to Factory defaults
- Press the power key of the Xbox device and hold it for at least 10 seconds. This will power off the device.
- When the device is switched off, press the binding/sync button, and while holding this button, press and hold the eject button followed by the power button altogether.
- Keep holding all the three buttons until you hear a beep sound twice.
- After the beep sounds, release all the buttons. A menu to reset the console to its factory defaults should be there on the screen now.
- The menu will have 4 options. Power off, Restart, Update off of Flash drive, and the Factory Reset.
- Go for the option Factory Reset.
- Wait for the action to be completed and after that, you will see the console is rebooting without the green screen of death.
Offline System Update
Updating the Xbox Device System offline means updating the console from a USB flash drive. You can download the updated file to a USB flash drive and then update the device from it.
You will need certain devices to perform this method. Those are –
- A PC with USB ports.
- An USB flash drive of a minimum 6 GB storage capacity and the flash drive should be NTFS formatted.
- An internet connection.
Now here are the steps to perform the method. Read them carefully and perform them.
How To Update Xbox One Offline With USB
- Download Xbox Offline System Update file, or the OSU1 file on the computer using the internet connection.
- Open the OSU1 file and extract the files on your computer.
- Connect the USB flash drive to that computer and Copy the $SystemUpdate file on it.
- Disconnect the USB drive.
- Switch off the Xbox console.
- Disconnect all leads.
- Plug all leads back in after 30 seconds.
- Press+Hold the Pair+Eject button followed by the Xbox button for 15 seconds.
- Release all the buttons after the power-up tones which you will hear back to back two times.
- The Xbox Start-up Troubleshooter will be opened after this.
- Connect the USB flash drive to the Xbox console through a USB port of the device.
- Now the Offline System Update will be active. After this, start the update using the D-pad along with the A button on the console’s controller.
Xbox One Green Screen Then Black
The possible reasons behind the green screen followed by a black screen on an Xbox device are either the hard drive of the device is corrupted.
There has been an error during the system update, or there must be some miscommunication between the Xbox device and Windows server.
However, it can be fixed by performing a hard reset of the Xbox device. To perform a hard reset, you just have to switch the device off by holding the power button for 20 seconds, and then you have to switch it back on.
This is the recommended first method you should try in case you are getting a green screen of death on your Xbox device.
If the hard reset method does not work for you, then you can try to reset the device to its factory defaults, or you can just update the device offline using a USB flash drive.
Xbox One Stuck On Green Screen After Update
The Xbox One can be stuck on a green screen after an update if the updating process fails to complete properly. In that case, you should try to update the device again.
But before going for that, you should try a hard reset on the device. If the green screen is a result of a temporary glitch, the hard reset will solve the issue.
Format Hard Drive Xbox One
Here I shall tell you how to format the hard drive of the Xbox One.
If you want to format the hard drive of your Xbox One console, let me tell you that according to Microsoft rules, you cannot modify the parts of the device.
You can only format an external hard drive if you attach it to the Xbox One console.
Just read the steps I have mentioned below and perform them on your device in order to format an Xbox One external hard drive.
- Connect the drive to the Xbox One console using a free USB port on the console.
- A window will be prompted on the screen saying whether you want to format the drive or want to keep it as it is. If you choose to format, then you have to follow the instructions in order to format the drive.
- But remember that you should have a backup of the data that is inside the drive because formatting will erase all the data of the hard drive.
1 .What do I do if my Xbox One is stuck on the green loading screen?
If your Xbox One is stuck on a green screen, then there must be some technical glitch or any update issue, or there must be a miscommunication between the console and the Windows server.
You can perform a hard reset. If this does not work for you, you can try to reset the console to its factory defaults, or you can update the console by going offline.
2. What do you do when your Xbox is stuck on a black screen?
The easiest way to fix the black screen of the Xbox One console is to perform a hard reset. This will help in resolving the issue if the problem is occurring due to a technical glitch.
If that fails to resolve the issue, then you can either reset the console to its factory defaults or you can update the console by going offline using a USB flash drive.
3. How to fix a corrupt or damaged Xbox One Hard Drive?
It is hardly advised that you should not perform any repairing yourself on the hard drive of the Xbox One if it is still under warranty period.
This will void the warranty. And if the warranty period is over, still you are advised to call customer care and ask them to send professional engineers to repair the hard drive.
Here I have discussed the way out of the green screen of death issue on an Xbox device. Now I hope that you should be able to fix this issue more easily after reading this article. All the best! Happy gaming!
You May Also Like:
- Can You See Who Likes Your Spotify Playlist?
- What Is A Megapersonal Error Code 701?
- Quickly Way To Fix Error Code: e4302
- Quickly Steps To Fix Paramount Plus Error Code 111
- Easiest Way To Fix Roblox Error Code 403
- Quickly Steps To Fix Windows 2000 Runtime Error?
- Quickly Steps To Fix Video Octopus Not Working
- Quickly Steps To Fix Twitch Error 1000
- Quickly Steps To Fix Calamity Biome Chest Error