Are you experiencing the windows 2000 runtime error code on your computer? Then, there might be a conflicting program on your device. On the other hand, a corrupt installation of software can also cause this issue. Here is how you can solve this error.
- Close the conflicting programs.
- Try to reinstall or upgrade the conflicting programs.
- Install the runtime libraries.
- Make disk cleanup.
- Reinstall the graphics driver on your device.
Trying these easy tricks will solve your issues quickly. Let’s learn about them more in the below points. Keep reading.
What Causes The Windows 2000 Runtime Error Code?
This error code can occur due to mainly four reasons. They are:
- Some conflicting programs
- Improper graphics card
- Memory issues
- Virus infection.
Don’t get worried! As mentioned earlier, we have gathered some solutions to this issue. They are discussed in the below section. Take a look.
How To Fix The Windows 2000 Runtime Error Code
This error code is really frustrating. Also, you might experience the error again and again. Therefore, the fixes that are mentioned in the introduction part are discussed in detail here.
1. Close The Conflicting Programs
You need to keep in mind that a runtime error can show up on your computer screen because there are some programs that are conflicting with others. So, what you need to do is close those conflicting programs. Here is how you can close them.
- First, open the task manager. You may press Ctrl+ Alt+ Del at the same time.
- Then you can see those programs that are running on your device right now.
- Now, you should hover over the Processes Tab. here, you need to close the programs one by one. You have to select every program and select the End Process Button.
- If you realize which programs are conflicting with each other and causing the runtime error, you can hover over the troubleshooting option directly. After that, you can reinstall them.
2. Try To Reinstall Or Upgrade The Conflicting Programs
This is another method that can fix this error code. You can do this with the help of the Control Panel.
- If you have Windows 7, you have to first go to the Control Panel and uninstall the conflicting program.
- If you have Windows 8, go to the Start button and choose the Setting option. Now, hover over to Control Panel. After that, you need to uninstall the conflicting program.
- On Windows 10, you need to go to the Search Bar and write Control Panel. Now, you should choose the Result option. Now, choose: Uninstall a program.
- Once they are uninstalled, you need to download and install the programs again. On the other hand, you may install the programs using the installation disk of the application.
- If you want to update them, you should go to the Programs and Features option. Now, you should choose the Problem Program and choose the Update option.
- Now, you have to go along with the onscreen instructions to finish the procedure successfully.
3. Install The Runtime Libraries
The runtime error may show up due to an improper update. For example, the MS Visual C++ package might not be installed properly. In such cases, you should uninstall them and install them again.
- First, you need to go to the option Programs and Features on your device. Now, search for MS Visual C++ Redistributable Package. Select this option.
- Now, you must hover over the top of the list and choose the options Uninstall. Once done. Restart your device.
- At last, you have to download the newest version of the redistributable package from Microsoft. Once you have finished downloading successfully, install it properly.
4. Make Disk Cleanup
Very low space on the hard drive of your device can also cause the Windows 2000 runtime error. What you can do to resolve this issue is discussed in the below points.
- You need to free up space on the hard drive and also back up your essential files.
- You should not forget to clean the cache memory of your device and restart it again.
- Another easiest thing you can do is to make Disk Cleanup. To do that, you should go to the explorer window and make right-click on the main directory.
- You should select Properties now and choose the option Disk Cleanup from it.
5. Reinstall The Graphics Driver On Your Device
As a corrupt or improper graphics driver can be one of the reasons for the runtime error, you might have to uninstall the graphics driver and install it again.
- First, you need to go to the Device Manager section on your device.
- After that, you need to search for the graphics driver.
- Locate the video card driver and make right-click on it.
- Then, you need to choose the options Uninstall.
- Once done, reboot the device.
Frequently Asked Questions-
1. What is a runtime error?
A runtime error can show up in case Windows 2000 crashes or fails while it is running. However, this does not indicate that the code gets faulty or corrupted. It just tries to indicate that the code itself does not work during the runtime. A runtime error can show up due to conflicting programs, improper graphics drivers, virus infections, or low memory issues on your computer.
2. Is runtime error serious?
Runtime errors simply indicate some bugs in the program. Also, it may imply some issues that can be expected by developers while building a program. Runtime errors are not serious issues. Simple tricks can fix this issue easily and quickly.
If these 5 fixes do not get the job done for you, you can try to upgrade the virus protection. If you do not have virus protection on your device, you should always download and install the newest version of the Windows update. Do talk to the experts if you feel so.
You May Also Like: