So you won’t know how to join the PS4 party on PC?
First of all, let me give tell you what is PS4 party chat is. PS4 party chat is such a feature that you can use for voice chat with other players on PS4. This is a feature you can use to chat verbally with your friends while playing the same game or sharing the screen of the game you are playing.
But if you are playing the game on your PC, you might do not know how to join PS4 party chat on PC. So if this is your main concern, then read this full article because I am going to share the procedure of joining PS4 party chat on PC here.
How To Join Ps4 Party On Pc
If you play PS4 games from your PC then the first question that comes to your mind is, can you join PS4 parties on PC?
Well, to answer that let me tell you, you can join PS4 party chat on PC very easily!
To join PlayStation voice chat on PC, you need a few things to keep in mind.
First of all, you will need an app downloaded and installed on your PC, i.e. PS4 Remote Play. Then you need to synchronize the PC with your PS4 console of yours.
PS4 Remote Play
PS4 Remote Play is an app. It helps you to synchronize your PC with the PS4 console so that you can control and access every PS4 feature from the PC.
Using this app called PS4 Remote Play, you will be able to use the PS4 Party Chat feature from your PC too!
To download PS4 Remote Play –
- Open your PC’s internet browser.
- Type playstation.com/en-in/remote-play/ in the address bar and hit Enter button.
- Once the official page opens on your PC screen, click the Windows 10 icon. It will take you to the page from where you can download the setup file of the app.
- On the newly opened page, click Control your PS4 console from a Windows PC. After this action, the download process will start automatically.
- Install the app and launch it after the download ends.
Now comes the main part, i.e. joining PS party chat on PC.
Join PS4 Party On PC
Once you successfully install the PS4 Remote Play on your PC, then you have to follow the steps stated below in order to join the PS4 party chat from your PC.
- Connect your PC and the PS4 console to the same WiFi network.
- Put your console into either sleep or standby mode.
- Now click the PS4 Remote Play app and search for your console.
- Click your PS4’s name. Then the synchronizing process will start automatically.
- Put the PS4 passcode when asked.
- Wait until the connection is set.
- Click the microphone icon.
- Press the button showing PS on the controller.
- Click Party, followed by Start Party.
- Select the desired friends’ group from the available list or create a new one.
- You are all set to use remote chat in PS4 on your PC.
Can You Join PS4 Party Chat Without PS4 Remote Play
The next is, how to join PS4 party chat on PC without Remote Play.
I know you are thinking can PC players join PS4 party chat without having the PS4 Remote Play app installed?
Well, it is not possible to access or control your PS4 games on a PC without a third-party app. You have to have an app installed on your PC to access the party chat feature. But it is not necessary that you need to install the PS4 Remote Play app only!
If you have a PC powered with Windows 10 Operating System, then you can download and install the Second Screen for PlayStation app from the Microsoft Store and enjoy the party chats feature of PS4 easily!
- Go to Microsoft Store and search for Second Screen for PlayStation.
- Download the app and install it when found.
- Open the app.
- Open Party menu.
- Click Start Party.
- Select your group of friends or create a new one.
PS4 Remote Play – Compatible Devices
Now we have come to the part where I shall tell you which devices and versions are PS Remote Play compatible with.
First, I shall talk about the devices.
You can use the app on a wide range of devices like iPhone, iPad, Mac PCs, Windows PCs, on your Android smartphones, Android Tablets, or even on the PS4 or PS5 console! So you see, there are hardly any devices left on which you cannot use the PS Remote Play app!
Next, we come to the versions of the devices. Well, in that case, you will need an updated device. If you are using an outdated device, then I am afraid that the app might not work on that.
For example, if you are using an Android Smartphone which is powered by less than Android 6.0, then the app will not work on that phone. For Android smartphones and tablets, you need to have a device that has at least the Android version 6.0 or later.
Similarly for iOS users, they need to have iOS 12.2 or a later version to run the app on the device. If you are using an older iOS version than 12.2, then the app will not work on it.
For Windows PCs, you need to have a PC powered by Windows 10. The app will not work on PCs that have older Operating Systems than Windows 10. So if you are using Windows 7, XP, or Vista, I would like to suggest you an upgrade if you want to use this app on your PC.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is PS4 Party Chat?
PS4 party chat is a feature of PlayStation 4 using which you can chat verbally with friends who are playing the same game, or you can talk with them while sharing the game screen with them.
Is There Any Other App Except PS Remote Play For Using The Party Chat On PC?
If you have a PC powered with Windows 10, then you can use the app called Second Screen for PlayStation and use the party chat feature on your PC. You need to visit the Microsoft Store and download and install the app from there to use it.
Are All PS4 Games Compatible With Remote Play?
Remote Play is one of the mandatory features for all PS4 games, so it is necessary for all the games to be compatible with the Remote Play app.
Can You Use Remote Play On Smartphones?
Yes. The Remote Play app is compatible with all Android and iOS smartphones, Android tablets, and iPads. But make sure you have a device powered with Android 6.0 or later, or a device powered with iOS 12.2 or later. The older versions are not compatible with the Remote Play app.
To Wrap It Up
Remote Play is an app using which you can control and access all the PS4 games and use the features of the games like party chat. This app is compatible with almost every kind of device.
So if you have a device whose version is compatible with this app, you can always use it to use the party chat feature of PS4 games on PCs, smartphones, and tablets.
Many PC players are having fun with the party chat feature and talking with their friends while playing the game. You can join them too and have all the fun of playing PS4 games on your PC! All the best! Happy gaming!
You May Also Like:
- Can You See Who Likes Your Spotify Playlist?
- What Is A Megapersonal Error Code 701?
- Quickly Way To Fix Error Code: e4302
- Quickly Steps To Fix Paramount Plus Error Code 111
- Easiest Way To Fix Roblox Error Code 403
- Quickly Steps To Fix Windows 2000 Runtime Error?
- Quickly Steps To Fix Video Octopus Not Working
- Quickly Steps To Fix Twitch Error 1000
- Quickly Steps To Fix Calamity Biome Chest Error