I must say that Valorant is one of the most popular first-person shooter games, and since it is played as a team, communication is very important. In addition to using abilities with their teammates, players must always talk to each other and share information about their opponents.
If you want to talk to your teammates in Valorant, you can use a third-party app like Discord, but some players prefer to use the in-game voice chat. A lot of the time, when players stream their games on Discord, viewers can’t hear the voice chat.
Your in-game chat doesn’t come through in the Discord stream, but the game sound works fine. This problem could happen for several reasons, making it hard for your viewers to understand what’s going on in the game.
Steps To Hearing Valorant Comms On The Discord Stream
We’ve listed every possible way to get Valorant comms to play in Discord streams.
Step 1. Having A Look At Discord’s Settings
Let’s start with the most important things. You can stream your screen or a specific running app when you start a stream. Here, you’ll want to choose the Valorant application, which will stream the game with sound.
If the viewers can’t hear your in-game chat, there might be something wrong with how you set up your screen share on Discord. To figure out what’s wrong,
- Start up the Discord app.
- Click on the gear icon in the screen’s bottom-left corner to view the user settings.
- Under the heading “App settings,” click on “Voice & Video.”
- Scroll down until you see the options for “screen share.”
Here, you will have the option to record Audio from apps using an experimental method. If this is already on, turn it off and see if the problem goes away. On the other hand, if it is off, try to turn it on. If neither way works, put the settings back to how they were before and try the next method.
After that, many Discord streamers have said that as soon as they turned off Push to Talk, their viewers could hear their comms. Turn the input mode to “Voice Activity” on the same “Voice & Video” settings page as above, and see if that works. If it was already in voice activity mode, try switching it to push-to-talk since the automatic voice detection system might interfere with the streaming Audio.
Step 2. Check The Sound Settings On Discord
- You have to go into your settings to check your Discord audio settings.
- Then you’ll need to choose “Audio.”
- Once you’re in the Audio window, you should see a list of all the devices connected to your computer.
- To check your Discord sound settings, go to the “Input” tab and choose “Discord.”
- Your sound settings are fine if you can see the green bars moving up and down. If not, you’ll need to make some changes.
Step 3. Check Your Windows Settings Fsssor Sound
- To check the sound settings in Windows, you must go to the Control Panel.
- From there, you need to choose “Sound.”
- You should see a list of all the devices currently connected to your computer once you are in the Sound window.
- To check your sound settings, go to the ‘Recording’ tab and ‘Valorant.
- Your sound settings are fine if you can see the green bars moving up and down. If not, you’ll need to make some changes. Adjust Your Volume Levels
Step 4. Examine Valorant Voice Chat Settings
- You must access the game settings to check your VALOROUS voice chat settings.
- Next, you should choose “Voice Chat.”
- You should see a list of all the devices currently connected to your computer while in the Voice Chat window.
- Select the “Push To Talk” tab, then make sure the “Enable” box is selected to check your voice chat settings. If it’s not, you must verify it before clicking “OK.”
Step 5. Remove Discord From Your Antivirus Scans
- Open antivirus programs, such as Kaspersky, Avast, McAfee, etc.
- Go to the settings for Virus and Threat Protection.
- Click Add Exclusions next.
- Now, add Discord to the settings and save them.
- Now, reboot your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can You Stream Valorant On Discord With Voice Chat?
One problem could be that the voice chat doesn’t work with the game app. Voice chat could run through a separate Riot Games app called RiotClientServices, which runs simultaneously as VALORANT and connects to it (valorant.exe). Streaming Audio may only be possible through the VALORANT app when using Discord.
2. How Do I Get Game Sound On Discord Stream?
You can also stream sound from your desktop to other individuals on your broadcaster using Discord. To do this, go to “Voice & Video” in Discord’s settings and choose your input device. Then, in the “Voice & Video” settings, choose your output device from the “Output Device” drop-down menu. Click the “Start Streaming” button to finish.
3. How Do I Listen To Team Comms In Valorant?
Establish a PTT (push-to-talk) button. Launch Valorant and click the gear icon in the upper right to access the options panel. You can alternatively use the ESC key and the settings button to reach the same place. To activate voice chat, go to the Audio tab in the preferences menu.
4. How Do I Stream Voice Chat On Discord?
- Open up the mobile app for Discord on your phone.
- Decide which server you want to use.
- Choose between text and voice.
- Tap the phone or camera icon to share your screen or stream from your camera, respectively.